NFB-NEWSLINE® is a free service offering access to newspapers available to anyone who is blind, visually impaired or print-disabled. It offers over 400 publications to choose from, including 12 national newspapers like the Wall Street Journal and USA Today, 20 breaking news sources such as CNN, BBC and ESPN Online, 17 international newspapers including Financial Times and Vancouver Sun, and countless state newspapers, as well as over 50 magazines like Family Circle, Time, Smithsonian and more.
NFB-NEWSLINE® also has TV Listings so you can keep track of your favorite shows.
Job listings with NFB-NEWSLINE® are another important resource for subscribers. Job listings for NFB-NEWSLINE® are provided by a leading national search engine with over 100,000 jobs listed.
Another feature of NFB-NEWSLINE® is the localized weather alerts. Have you heard the emergency alert tone on the television but are unable to read the message scrolling on the screen? Now you can simply sign into NFB-NEWSLINE® and the weather report will be read to you on the spot. Any available weather alerts will be provided as soon as you sign into NFB-NEWSLINE®.
NFB-NEWSLINE’s wide array of publications and announcements can be accessed anytime you choose, on your schedule, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are a variety of ways to access. You can use your touch-tone telephone; you can access the service via the website, On Demand emails, using portable players, or even via your iPhone, iPad or iPod! And it’s always free.
The Division of the Visually Impaired (DVI) has sponsored and funded NFB-Newsline® in Delaware. We thank the DVI for continuing to raise expectations to live the life we want!
Who Can Benefit?
Anyone who cannot read conventional newsprint can qualify for this free service. Blind individuals can now gain access to the information in newspapers and TV at the same time as their sighted friends and family. Raise your expectations. Blind professionals can now converse on relevant topics critical to their work. Removing obstacles to your goals. Many seniors find that reading the daily newspapers is no longer possible. Now they can once again participate actively in community affairs. Blindness is not what holds you back. Blind children are now able to research their own school assignments and do homework independently. Blindness is not what defines your future. Anyone with a physical disability who is unable to turn a page can qualify for NFB-NEWSLINE®. Live the life you want.
Please visit the following links for additional information:
- NFB-NEWSLINE® Online – On the Web and on the Go!
- Local Telephone Lookup
- Newspapers By Email
- Television Listings
- Participating Publications
- Online Application
Methods to View Publications
NFB-NEWSLINE® over the Phone
- If you can dial the phone, you can use NFB-NEWSLINE®
- Create your own Favorites list, skip or read articles or sections, read just one article or the entire publication.
- Alter the reading voice: change the volume, speed, or pitch
Web News on Demand
- A secure, text-only website that is screen-reader friendly
- Email a full publication, a section, or single article to your inbox
NFB-NEWSLINE® onDemand Email
- NFB-NEWSLINE® offers your news and information emailed to your inbox.
- Set your emails to once daily, or updates throughout the day
NFB-NEWSLINE® for Portable Players
- Download desired publications directly to digital talking-book players
- Works with many popular devices, including Victor Reader Stream 2nd Generation and National Library Service Talking Book Library Players
iOS Mobile App for iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- Free NFB-NEWSLINE® Mobile App, right on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Easy navigation, even for those new to technology
- Emergency Weather Alerts linked to your GPS—stay safe and informed wherever you are
- Global Search function allows you to find articles on specific topics
EMERGENCY WEATHER ALERTS and SEVEN-DAY FORECASTS
NFB-NEWSLINE® offers both seven-day weather forecasts as well as emergency weather alerts. These weather alerts are localized to your zip code, or using your GPS for the NFB-NEWSLINE® iOS Mobile App.
NFB-NEWSLINE® provides job listings from a national job source offering over 100,000 listings. Profiles are customizable.
NFB-NEWSLINE® offers TV listings customized to your home zip code and your television provider using the telephone access method.
NFB-NEWSLINE® provides retail ads for national retailers, customizable by zip code.
Participating DE Publications
- Associated Press Maryland and Delaware
- Delaware Elections
- Delaware Information Channel
- Dover Post
- Wilmington News Journal
To learn more about NFB-NEWSLINE®, please visit www.nfb.org/audio-newspaper-service. If you have any questions, please contact Kathryn Bottner, Delaware Coordinator for NFB-NEWSLINE® at 302-528-2621 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call NFB-NEWSLINE® at 1-866-504-7300 (toll free).