NFB-NEWSLINE® Job Listing
NFB-NEWSLINE provides job listings from two national job sources each offering over 100,000 listings. Job listings are customizable and can be shared with your rehabilitation professional or other party at your request by providing a second email address. Customize your listing(s) by:
- Zip code
- Distance from your home
- Category (such as “marketing”, “healthcare,” or “information technology”)
- Education level
- Full time, part time or contract
- Minimum salary
- Maximum salary
- Search phrase (such as “entry-level” or “experienced”)
- You can even save more than one job profile
For more information, please visit www.nfb.org/nfbnewsline.
Scholarships are now available: Louisiana Tech University
New Opportunities for Careers in Rehabilitation of the Blind Scholarships are now available!
Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
Structured Discovery Cane Travel (SDCT) and Structured Discovery Rehabilitation have been demonstrated to be among the most innovative and effective forms of rehabilitation training for individuals who are blind or visually impaired. Louisiana Tech University has operated its Orientation and Mobility program on this model successfully for 21 years, with upwards of 95% successful employment and employer satisfaction rates.
Scholarships are now available for qualified individuals seeking one of the following degree paths:
- Master of Arts in Counseling/Guidance with Concentration in Orientation and Mobility.
- Master of Arts in Counseling and Guidance with Concentration in Rehabilitation Teaching for the Blind
For program details, visit: www.pdrib.com. For more information, please contact Edward Bell at 318-257-4554 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NFB Jobs Listserv on NFBNet.org
Are you a blind person seeking employment? Are you an employer seeking competent blind employees? The NFB Employment Committee has the answer!
Want to be on the most active Jobs Website for the Blind, with approximately 2.2 million messages each year? Try the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Jobs for the Blind listserv. It’s easy to sign up, there is no charge, and you don’t have to be a member of the NFB. Here are the benefits:
- Your job postings will go to 500+ blind job seekers who change constantly as people who get jobs drop off and new ones come on.
- You’ll be able to network with knowledgeable blind people on the NFB Employment Committee and on the list, and get advice on how to recruit and accommodate blind employees.
- You’ll reach individuals in the rehabilitation system, but also those who’ve been in the job market for years and are looking for a career change.
- You’ll learn about and be able to participate in our two national Job Fairs, one at the NFB national convention in July (300+ blind job seekers) and one in Washington, DC, in late January/early February (100+ blind job seekers).
- You’ll be able to find jobs with employers who actually want to hire blind people.
- You can network with and get career advice from members of the NFB Employment Committee and experienced blind job seekers.
- Committee members can help you with your resume and with job seeking skills.
- Technology or reasonable accommodation problems? We can help you get the advice you need.
- We constantly seek new employers, including those in Fortune 500 companies.
- You’ll be able to attend the two Job Fairs listed above, plus the Job Seeker Seminars we host in a number of states.
To Sign Up:
- Go to http://employment.nfb.org, follow the link to the listserv registration, and fill in the blanks. There is lots of other useful information on our site.
- Go directly to http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/job-listings_nfbnet.org and fill in the blanks.
- You can also subscribe to the list via email: send a message to email@example.com and put the word subscribe on the subject line by itself.
Email NFB Employment Committee Chair Dick Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com.